CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

first class reflection

Hello

Nowadays, knowledge of technology comprising software and hardware is inevitable for a person to acquire in the need to become a successful individual in the fast changing globalised world. In other word, as a student in a renowned university, I will be ashamed of my self if I am not taking the good chances of learning the knowledge of technology from the expert critically which in turn affect the effectiveness of my future school teaching and learning process.

First of all, it was some kind of a new experience for me in a way that I have to learn and apply all the necessary software that will be introduced to us. Even though I am an avid reader of computer magazine and have some knowledge about the computer especially on the hardware part, it does not warrant me as good computer user compared to the rest of my friends who are good computer users. Before entering the technology class, I do not have any idea of what is going to be taught, how it’s going to be taught and whether it is interesting or not. After some explanation and introduction about the class, it become clear to me that I have to pay good attention in learning the necessary application and software besides being independent and active in developing my understanding, skills and mastery of the knowledge that I learned.
Blog is something new to me as I usually use my computer for doing assignments and playing pc games. From what I understand the class will be using constructivist approach where it provides freedom for us to explore the technology on our own. On one side, it was good as I need to use try and error approach to do the right thing. But from the other side, I still need others help particularly in using difficult application such as video editing or creating website (if it will be teach) which is new to me. Doing blog helps me to realize its use in the future teaching profession as my pupils can ask or attain information from me in an easier way, providing they have the internet connection.

All in all, I hope that I will be able master the knowledge of technology as good as I can so that I would not be ashamed of myself in the future for not taking this good chance of learning.

0 comments: